Have you ever spent the day naked with your spouse? I’m not talking about laying in bed all day or taking a shower together naked. I’m talking about spending the day, as in outside, doing things together in the buff.
Sound crazy? It might if you’ve never been to a nude resort, club, campground or beach. I spent all day with my wife naked at a local nudist club this past weekend. It was wonderful. We laid out in the sun, we went skinny dipping in the pool, we ate lunch together, we went on a hike and we talked with other couples enjoying the day the same way we were.
We laughed. We napped. We relaxed. And we did it all naked, outside on a sunny, warm day. In the nearly three years I’ve been writing this blog, by far and away the most asked question that brings visitors to our blog is some version of, “How do I convince my wife to go naked outside with me.” It might be a beach. It might be on vacation. It might be to a clothing optional club or resort. My suggestion: talk with her about what you would do naked together.
From our experience, being naked together in a safe environment like a nude resort, camp or beach is time well spent. By removing your bathing suit and trading it for your birthday suit, you’ll experience what I would call one of life’s biggest and often last emotional highs. Think about it? Your entire life you’ve been told to cover up and to hide your body and now you’re letting it out and showing it off. The irony is that you’ll find that you and your spouse will notice each other, but to everyone else, you’re just naked. Remember the only time you stand out at a nude or clothing optional location is when you’re wearing clothing. Not when you’re naked.
So what should you do when you and your spouse are naked for the first time together? Here is our official list of must do’s when you spend the day naked at a nude camp, resort or beach.
- Sunbath naked. This might seem like a no brainer, but until you’ve laid out on a pool chair or on a towel with your spouse and felt the sun’s rays warming your body, you really haven’t lived. To my wife and me, feeling warm all over is an amazing feeling and even better when we’re sitting next to one another.
- Go skinny dipping. There is something wonderful about swimming naked. Feeling the water embracing your body is magical.To me, skinny dipping really is the fountain of youth. I feel like I’m a teenager again. In a pool, lake or ocean, it all feels great. And there is something fantastic about jumping into the waves or into a pool with your spouse beside you.
- Picnic nude. Sitting out together at a picnic table or underneath a tree and enjoying a picnic lunch together remains a must do for us. I don’t know why, but this one of our favorite activities. Think about it. You’re enjoying food, talking and relaxing with your spouse and naked from head to foot. What could be better?
- Take a hike in the woods. I don’t know why but for me, I love walking and talking with my wife either on a road or a trail in the forest and wearing only our shoes. Many nudist locations are in the country and have trails to explore or roads to walk. Just remember a little bug spray will go along way.
- Have a beer. Liquid courage has convinced more than one worried wife to try taking it all off. For us, mimosas on the beach in the morning at a nude resort or an ice cold beer in the afternoon next to the pool is a must when we’re together naked on a hot, sunny day.
- Row, row, row your boat. While we’ve always wanted to try a nude cruise or nude sailing, one of our first nude experiences was in a canoe in Tahiti on our honeymoon. It was simple. While canoeing through a beautiful tropical lagoon, my wife removed her bikini top. I took off my bathing suit. She untied her bikini bottoms. That was it. We explored the lagoon together and didn’t put our suits back on all day.
- Take a walk on the beach. It doesn’t matter if it’s a crowded beach or if there is hardly anyone there. Walking the beach together in the buff is a must whenever we’re on vacation. There is just something about holding hands and walking together in the surf that makes a vacation.
- Shower outdoors. I would never have thought that showering together in an outdoor shower would make our list, but we both agreed, there is something familiar yet surprisingly different about showering outside. Think about it, most showers are small and confining. An outdoor shower is wide open. It’s not sexual. It’s cleansing and freeing.
- Take a naked nap. There is something so special to me to be so exposed yet feel so relaxed and safe that I fall asleep. A naked nap during the afternoon is a must and even better when you fall asleep next to or with your spouse.
- Strike up a naked conversation. You never know who you might meet on a nude beach, resort or camp. We’ve meet so many wonderful people. It’s funny how open and honest you are and the people you meet when you’re totally exposed and not hiding behind clothing. The best questions to ask? “Is this your first time here?” and “Where else have you and your spouse been naked?” You’ll find out a lot about great nude places to visit and other couples stories about their journeys into social nudity.
So what would you add to our list? What have you and your spouse done that you would recommend other couples try naked for the first time? Or if you and your spouse haven’t experienced a nude or clothing optional location together before, what do you want to do? I’d really like to hear your ideas. I’d also like to hear from women. Privacy will be maintained. No names given. Just your ideas. 🙂
Notice I didn’t say anything about sex, touching or intimacy. Most people who have never been to a nudist location or a clothing optional setting, assume that nudity must lead to sex and/or physical intimacy. There is a place and a time for physical intimacy and a nudist location where there are other people, families and children present is not the place or the time. This will sound weird but it’s honestly one of the most non-sexual settings you’ll ever encounter. However, after spending time together naked all day, I will tell you that later that night in the privacy of our own home, we usually enjoy a wonderful and very physical time together. I believe, it is deeply intimate because of the time we spend together during the day.
14 thoughts on “Trading in Your Bathing Suit for your Birthday Suit: 10 Things to Do Naked with Your Spouse this Summer”
Reblogged this on clothes free life.
Reblogged this on freers82117.
Reblogged this on simplenaturist.
Reblogged this on Penis's Nudist Life.
Reblogged this on Naturist Holidays in Europe.
Reblogged this on nawalinsjnj's Blog.
Reblogged this on Nu et heureux – Naked and Happy and commented:
A great post. Give a try to nudity. It’s liberating! Here are 10 ideas to do naked this summer. Don’t wait, in a few weeks it will be too cold in the northern hemisphere, and our down-under friends will drop their clothes. Get naked and you will never consider clothed holidays ever again!
Reblogged this on Nudeyman and commented:
My wife & I manage most of these…. She doesn’t call herself a Naturist but really enjoys getting naked with me, not into social nudity with others that’s all.
What a fantastic article. My wife and I do most of the mentioned things.
Two things that are also recommended for a couple:
1. Visit a sauna together. It is soo relaxing together and at least here they are mostly nude only.
2. Attend or organize a nude swim hour in your local swimmingpool. Highly recommended.
Sounds like fun