There are a lot of great nude and clothing optional resorts, B&Bs, and vacation hot spots available for couples looking to try a great nakation. My wife and I have been lucky enough to spend time at several of nude resorts and beaches throughout North America and the Caribbean. While there are many properties we like for a variety of reasons, Hidden Beach Resort in Mexico remains one of our favorites.
There is a lot to like about Hidden Beach Resort. What could be better than a nude resort (not clothing optional) where you can walk out of your room in the morning, have breakfast, lay in the sun, swim in the pool, enjoy lunch by the pool, have a cocktail or 10 more, sit in the hot tub, enjoy a candlelight dinner, enjoy a variety of evening activities and never put on a stitch of clothing all day? My wife and I went 36 hours once without putting on anything until we finally decided to go to one of Hidden Beach’s sister resorts for dinner (sorry, shirt and pants required for guys, dress, skirt or shorts for women).
My wife and I started this blog more than five years ago to give advice and suggestions to couples looking to try social nudity. We wanted to share our experiences so that other couples can explore nude vacations and a relaxing time together. We try to help couples know fact from fiction or as we like to say, “the naked truth.” It has been a wonderful getaway for the two of us where we can enjoy each other’s company while relaxing in the buff. We’ve made great friends and have wonderful memories but like most first timers, we didn’t know what to expect the first time we went to a nude resort.
So what is it like? Relaxing, freeing and fun are the first thoughts that come to mind. What isn’t it? Sexual. Believe it or not, it’s not a sexual experience and most reputable clothing optional/nude locations have a code of conduct that guests must sign. No sexual or intimate touching or contact is allowed. There is time and place for everything and it is in your room after a naked day in the sun.
We found Hidden Beach 12 years ago and have loved it every time we’ve gone back. We just completed our fifth visit and we will be back. It’s expensive. In fact, it’s probably at the highest price point of any of the resorts we’ve stayed. I am working on another post comparing Hidden Beach Resort and Couples Sans Souci (both wonderful properties offering great nude experiences and great for first timers) but on our most recent visit to Hidden Beach my wife and I started a list of the must do activities for you and your partner during your stay. Some of these are on their website but must are not. Our list goes beyond simply sitting on the beach or lounging by the pool naked and talking with new friends all day (which is great too!).
We love going to Hidden Beach Resort to spend time together naked and enjoy meeting other couples. Here are the activities we look forward to every visit. Most are done without swimsuits and clothing but a few require us to cover up (bummer).
Regardless if this is your first visit to Hidden Beach or your 20th, here are our list of activities we recommend doing during your stay:
1. Sleep With the Fishes – Hidden Beach has ten or so wonderful palapas on the beach. Think of these as daybeds with thatched roofs. They are wonderfully comfortable and perfect for lounging naked during the day. Late at night, we put on our Hidden Beach robes, grab three towels each and find a comfy palapa to snuggle on while listening to the waves washing up on the beach and the breeze flowing through the palm trees. It is a truly wonderful experience. We usually fall asleep and wake up early in the morning (3am several times) before returning to our room. We were really lucky to have a full moon during our last visit to Hidden Beach.
2. A Naked Table for Two – Nude dining isn’t for everyone but there is something wonderfully casual about enjoying a wonderful meal at a restaurant where no shirt, no shoes, no suit (swimsuit or otherwise) means great service and good times. Seriously sitting down to a candlelight meal and only wearing a wrap (my wife) or nothing at all but sitting on a towel (me) and being treated to a fabulous meal with other naked diners is meal you can only enjoy here.
3. Fish Food – Hidden Beach is a wonderful property but unfortunately the beach really isn’t much to speak of. Sand no. Coral yes. While we wish we could go for a skinny dip you really can’t go very deep into the water without shoes. Fortunately where there is coral there are fish and throw them some bread and you’ll have a school of fish swimming around you in no time. This is one of my favorite activities.
4. Rise and Shine – Just as much fun as sleeping outside on the beach is greeting the sun as it rises above the horizon. There is nothing like sitting in the early morning light wearing only a towel or robe and then feeling the warming rays of the sun. Before long off comes the robe and your body is being kissed by the early morning sun. It’s a wonderful start to the day.
5. Naked Time at the Spa – The El Dorado Seaside Suites opened the incredible Naay Spa offering all kinds of spa and massage services. For two hours on Sunday (5-7pm), the spa’s hydrotherapy room opens exclusively for guests of Hidden Beach. What better way to enjoy water treatments than naked with your nude friends. We had a blast and plan on doing it again next time.
6. Beach Massage – How do you make a great massage even better? You’re already naked. So enjoy an expert massage on the beach with the sun and the surf around you. This is a must do for my wife every visit.
7. Talk a Hike – Perhaps the best part of Hidden Beach is that it’s a small intimate boutique resort surrounded by two huge adults-only (and clothed) resorts: the El Dorado Seaside Suites and Sensimar. While it literally takes less than five minutes to hike from one side of Hidden Beach to the other, you can wander around the immaculate and landscaped properties next door. Sidenote: Hidden Beach guests can go to the other resorts but their guests can’t go to Hidden Beach. While we don’t like putting on clothing to hike in the morning, we love to explore the beach and resort properties. We do it every morning. And just because you have to cover up, doesn’t mean you have to cover all the way up. 🙂
8. Naked Rock and Roll – Who doesn’t like great live music? Now dance the night away with a Mexican band performing your favorite covers. Don’t know what to wear? Nothing is always in style or wear the revealing club outfits you’d never wear otherwise. Loud music and dancing with friends can’t be beat.
9. Take a Swing at the Cotorros Bar – There are some fantastic bars at the El Dorado and Sensimar resorts. Yes you have to get dressed and wear clothing but what could be better than great drinks, good people and swings. We spend hours swinging back and forth while enjoying great conversations and drinks.
10. Take a Late Night Skinny Dip – There is something refreshing about skinny dipping in the pool or relaxing in a hot tub under the warm Mexican night sky. To me swimming nude in the pool or soaking naked in a hot tub makes me feel relaxed and young. With my wife beside me and a drink in our hands, this is the ultimate end to a great day.
Every couple we’ve ever met at a nude resort or beach has their favorite activities to do together in the buff. Regardless if it’s Saint Martin, Palm Springs, Florida, Caribbean or Hidden Beach Resort, for us our time together naked is peaceful and relaxing. Honeymoons, anniversaries or just time away, a naked vacation really is something everyone should experience. We hope more couples discover it and create their own nude activities list to share with other couples who just might want to try a nakation of their own.
Please note that this blog is our opinion only. We were not paid by Hidden Beach Resort, El Dorado or Karisma Hotels for our post. Not that we wouldn’t like another trip back soon. 🙂
It’s been another beautiful weekend here in the Midwest. Bright sunshine and stunning fall colors. While the sights outside are amazing, my thoughts are already turning to January when it will be cold and miserable outside. I have no problems with snow, but I do like to escape the cold and find the sunshine to feel warm again.
So last night I started doing searches for nude and clothing optional resorts, beaches and locations I’d love to visit in a few months when the temperatures here hit the 20s and snow is the forecast for the week. This is my list of places my wife and I would like to visit when we’re ready to escape the frozen North.
Note that there are so many wonderful places to go now with many resorts catering to the nude or clothing optional lifestyle. My wife and I aren’t everyday nudists. We have found that taking a trip to a resort or beach sans clothing is our idea of the perfect vacation. If you have been to any of these resorts or locations, please join the conversation and share your thoughts with us. I would love to hear more about what you liked, didn’t or what you would add to the list. So, here is My Naked Travel List for the Winter 2015 (in no specific order):
Mak Nuk Village Clothing Optional Resort Tulum (Mexico) – This one has been on our list for some time. As we’ve mentioned before, my wife and I are big fans of Hidden Beach Resort. It is a truly first class experience that unfortunately comes with a first class price tag too. It’s very expensive. It also has an awful beach. Perfect for wading but that’s about it. Which is why I so want to visit Mak Nuk Village. No it doesn’t have a beach but they will take you to the nude beaches of Tulum, which are wonderful. They also offer great accommodations, pool, lazy river, hot tub and on-site dining. The pictures look great. Need I say more? Mak Nuk is not all inclusive but you pay for your beverages and dinners when you depart so no need to keep money on your naked body. I’m honestly ready to go now. Check out their website and let me know what you think.
Villa Dolce Vita (also in Tulum, Mexico)– Years ago my wife and I stayed at a small beach front property in Tulum. We had miles of white sand beaches to ourselves and played, swam and slept naked in the sun all day long. It was wonderful and I believe Villa Dolce Vita could be our new favorite getaway. It’s small, personal, romantic, clothing optional and right on the beach. After looking at these pictures, I can almost feel the sun on my back. Secluded and romanic. This is why you go to a B&B like this one. It has two guest rooms. This could be a perfect setting for first timers who want to bare as much as they dare without an audience. Not an all inclusive but looks like the perfect setting for a nude vacation. Have you been there before?
Firefly Beach Cottages (Negril, Jamaica) – We’ve never gone to Jamaica but I’ve been checking out this place online for years. It’s on Negril’s famous seven-mile beach but it is away from the crowds. It’s everything you’re looking for in an island vacation. Relaxed, slow and romantic. It offers personalized services and accommodations. I like that it’s small which could be perfect for the first time, naked vacationing couple but central to the beach and other restaurants. Looks like our kind of place. The reviews look great too.
Club Orient (St. Martin) – This was the first nude resort in the Caribbean and many would still say the best. We visited St. Martin’s Orient Beach nearly 15 years ago and loved it. Not sure which was more fun; laying out and soaking up the sun in the buff or watching all of the Cruisers (people visiting from cruise ships) go through the shock and awe of walking the beach with naked people and then relaxing and taking off their swimsuits and enjoying the beach with the rest of us. Truth be told, every beach on St. Martin is topless and most are clothing optional too. I would have a great time visiting a different beach every day and enjoying the terrific French restaurants each night, but there is something to be said for never having to put on clothing from the moment you wake up till you go to bed at night. Club Orient has a restaurant, nice accommodations and a perfect location (although I’d still recommend getting a car). It is very popular with Europeans and families. We would love to finally say that we’ve stayed at Club O.
Caliente Resort Caribe, Dominican Republic – I love the look of this all inclusive. Caliente has a sister property in Tampa Bay that my wife and I would have seen in March if the weather had been more cooperative. The pictures of this resort make it look like paradise and a party too. This resort is only adults and offers relaxation and romance with fun too. The setting couldn’t be nicer too with beaches, hot tub, pool, etc. This place looks like it is more of a party than some of the others on my list, but when the winter winds blow, I’m ready to get out and boogie.
Pilot House Guest House, Key West – My wife and I have always loved visiting Key West. It was in fact the first place I ever saw a woman topless on a beach, but that was when I was still in elementary school on a Spring Break trip with my parents. We have been going to Key West for visits over the years and have fallen in love with the restaurants, sunset celebrations, people and the guest houses we’ve stayed at. Ironically, I only recently realized that there were clothing optional guest houses in Key West. Any of these guest houses look great, but I found many great reviews about the Pilot House Guest House. They offer a virtual tour of the pool and rooms. Location in old town Key West couldn’t be better.
Desert Sun Resort, Palm Springs – Our very first nude vacation was as the Terra Cotta Inn in Palm Springs. It was a wonderful first time for us with great people in a great setting. I would go back to the Terra Cotta Inn too except this blog is about places I haven’t been to but would like to visit soon.
What happens when you put a nude resort in the middle of downtown Palm Springs? You have the only nude resort with a bridge to cross from one side of the resort over a city street to the other side of the resort. The Desert Sun Resort is all about comfort and relaxation. It’s not small from what I’ve heard but not too big either. With a great nude pool and social experience and with the great restaurants of Palm Springs nearby, how can you go wrong? We’d love to check it out too. Sorry, no pictures. All pictures were copyrighted on the website and not for download.
So that’s my Naked Travel List for Winter 2015. I hope we get to one of these properties this winter. There is nothing better than a relaxing nude vacation with your spouse, especially when it’s cold and snowy at home. Have you been to any of these properties? Please share your thoughts.
Also all picture in this blog were used from each property’s website. No money was given or asked for to be included in this blog post. The list and thoughts are my own.
Does the thought of waking up on vacation and never putting on a swim suit, bikini, shorts, shirt excite you? Or how about relaxing nude with your spouse in the sun and surf, while being pampered with great food and drinks poolside? If you are thinking this is your perfect vacation, you’re ready for a trip to an all inclusive, nude resort. We recommend you consider a trip to the Hidden Beach Resort in Mexico.
Maybe you and your spouse enjoy the nude beach experience or even visited your local nudist club or a B&B with a clothing optional pool like the Green House Inn in New Orleans, and now your considering a vacation in the buff. It can be a little intimidating at first: All week surrounded by people wearing little or no clothing. At first it might seem like too much. What we’ve found is when you combine a five-star resort experience with the freedom to be nude all day and surrounded by other fun couples of all ages in a very safe and relaxing environment, the result is heaven on earth.
So why a nude, all inclusive resort like Hidden Beach? I believe my wife said it best. “It’s fun to be naked.” It’s quality time with your spouse in a completely relaxing and tropical environment. Here is our average day at Hidden Beach:
- We wake up (nude).
- We walk the beach before breakfast (nude).
- We go to breakfast (my wife wears a wrap and is usually topless while I’m nude).
- We grab towels and find the perfect chairs on the beach (nude).
- We sit, talk, read, sleep while enjoying the sun and the surf (nude).
- When it gets too warm, we jump into the pool or wade in the ocean (nude).
- When the bar opens, we grab drinks and bring them back to our chairs (nude).
- We get lunch by the pool (nude).
- We lay in rafts in the pool (nude).
- We talk with other guests about what we’re doing tonight (nude, us and them).
- In the afternoon sun, we fall asleep in palapas on the beach (nude).
- We jump into the hot tub in the late afternoon and talk with other couples about where they’re from and what they’re doing tonight (nude).
- Finally we go to our room and shower and put on casual clothes to go to dinner at one of five restaurants at the El Dorado Seaside Suites Resort, a sister property of Hidden Beach Resort right next door. It’s usually around 7 and it’s the first time we’ve worn clothing all day. We enjoy a great dinner. Relax at one of the El Dorado’s bars and enjoy talking with other couples.
- And then around 11 or so we head back to HBR, go to our room and shed all of our clothing and walk to the hot tub and relax under the night sky (nude again).
- Next we either go to our room to enjoy some intimate moments or grab a bunch of towels and fall asleep in each other’s arms in a beach palapa listening to the waves and the wind (nude).
Eventually we go to bed and then get up the next morning and do it all over again. Sometimes we stay at Hidden Beach Resort for dinner (nude) and never go to the El Dorado. Last visit my wife and I didn’t put on any clothing for two straight days. It was wonderful: 48 hours together naked without a need or care in the world. The experience is just a great as the photo gallery on the Hidden Beach Resort website. Look good to you?
Why do we like Hidden Beach Resort? To be fair, we have not gone to any other nude, all inclusive resorts. There are many others on our list that we hope to visit. Here is what we believe to be the best features of Hidden Beach Resort:
The resort is small and intimate but still provides lots of space to relax in private or to talk with other guests. There are only 42-rooms and each is very spacious. The beds are wonderfully comfortable. We highly recommend the swim up suites on the first floor. You can literally walk out your door and step right into the water. The second floor suites are very nice too and all come with jacuzzis for sharing romantic moments with your spouse.
Have you ever been to a bar, nude? Or been to dinner topless? What about dancing to a live band in the buff? All were first time experiences for us too at Hidden Beach and we had a lot of fun. Hidden Beach has a full service restaurant, pool bar and nightclub and all can be enjoyed nude.
Pool or beach? Why not both? Hidden Beach has a wonderful pool made for relaxing and talking. Volleyball games happen throughout the day. There is plenty of space to read, talk or nap. The beach has chairs and palapas to lie down on and get comfortable. We usually start our day on the beach and then move to the pool in the early afternoon and then relax on our patio next to the pool in the late afternoon. Can it get any better than this?
Hidden Beach Resort attracts a fun collection of people. Every time we go, we meet fun new people. To be honest, we’re usually one of the youngest couples there and we’re just into our 40s. Most couples there are 50+. We did meet a couple in their late 20s on our last visit, but I have never seen a couple that young there before. We’ve met couples from all over the US, Canada, Mexico, England and France including a gay couple who were two of the funnest guys we’ve ever talked with on vacation.
While not nude, the El Dorado resort has five restaurants (Italian, Mexican, Asian, Steak House, and World cuisine) to choose from for lunch and dinner. The food is outstanding with different menus every night. Oddly enough while Hidden Beach is wear as little as you want, the El Dorado restaurants have a formal dress code. This actually works out well because the trip pictures you show everyone of the two of you will be taken at the El Dorado. 🙂
Fun bars and nightlife. There is planned entertainment and nightlife at Hidden Beach. The Hidden Beach nightclub also has a big spa in it so you can jump in and relax too. The bars at the El Dorado are a lot of fun too. We’ve met a lot of fun couples and many on honeymoons. Our favorite question? “How come we see you here at the bar every night but we never see you at the beach or pool during the day?” It’s our little secret.
Fantastic service. We have stayed at Hidden Beach Resort four times and the majority of the servers and staff we saw on our first visit are still there. They are very warm and friendly and provide fantastic service. They really get to know the guests. For us, the service is really what makes Hidden Beach so special. We have never gone to the spa but have heard from others that it is an awesome experience.
Hidden Beach Resort is a very safe, private, relaxing experience, but realize it is a nude resort and not clothing optional. You must be nude here. There are resorts in Mexico that cater to the swinger lifestyle. Hidden Beach resort is not one of them. As I’ve mentioned before, we go to nude resorts because it is wonderful experience for us. We don’t want to be “hit on” by other couples. While I’m sure it could happen at any nude resort, this has never happened to us at Hidden Beach. There is a strict code of conduct at Hidden Beach that they ask you to sign when you arrive. If your spouse is a little anxious about being nude with other couples around, let them know it is a very peaceful and non-threatening place to be together.
So before you start packing (the last time we went my wife and I used only carry on luggage), what else do you need to know? Does it sound too good to be true? Like any place there are some downsides that you should know about before you book your stay.
Hidden Beach Resort is expensive. They offer specials throughout the year but be aware that you are getting a first class experience at first class prices. It’s worth it but this certainly isn’t a budget vacation. Rooms can be $300-$450 a night depending on time of year. There are often specials and I’m sure travel agents might be able to get you better rates. Remember, you’re paying for the room (which you really won’t spend a lot of time in), all your food and beverage and a wonderful place to swim, layout and and enjoy. It comes with a price.
The ocean by Hidden Beach Resort is all coral. This was a big letdown the first time we came because I wanted to go skinny dipping with my wife and swim in the ocean. While you can walk into the water, there is a lot of coral and it really doesn’t get deep. If you want an ocean skinny dipping experience, this isn’t it. That said, the beach has palm trees and palapas and is wonderful but you really can’t swim here at all. I do recommend getting bread and feeding the fish. The sea life is amazing here, you just can’t swim with the fish.
The Nightclub can be noisy. We really like the nightclub at Hidden Beach but you will hear the music in your room if you’re on that side of the resort. It’s not bad, but not quiet and peaceful like the rest of the resort. We try to stay as far away as possible.
There are only 42 rooms at Hidden Beach but when the resort is full, it does feel crowded. It is a small, intimate resort, but when it’s crowded it is sometimes tough to find your own spot.
Hidden Beach isn’t very close to Cancun. It’s about an hour and a half from Cancun International Airport. This may not sound like much but we highly recommend reserving a car to take you to and from the airport to the resort. It’s worth the money. If you take the free, van service it might take up to three hours to get to Hidden Beach. When you get to Mexico, you will want to get to the resort as soon as possible.
For us, Hidden Beach is a special getaway we take every other year to escape the midwest and to get time to refresh, relax and reconnect. My wife feels very comfortable and safe here. During our last visit, she was naked and ready to go to the beach before I had finished opening my suitcase.
We plan on visiting Hidden Beach Resort again soon. We’re due for another visit. We would also like to go to some of the clothing optional resorts in Jamaica too. If you have any questions or concerns about Hidden Beach, please let us know. At this point, I can safely say we are experts and highly recommend it but we know it might not be for everyone. We would also really like to visit Mak Nuk Village in Tulum. While not on the ocean, I’ve read some nice review about it.
Please note we were not paid by Hidden Beach Resort or any travel agent for this review. This review is from our experiences here over the past ten years. We highly recommend you read other travel reviews and check out their website to learn more.
It’s New Year’s Day and cold and snowy in the Midwest US and I’m dreaming of the sun, sand and surf of Mexico. Specifically the Riviera Maya area. I am dreaming of Hidden Beach Resort (HBR) next to the El Dorado Seaside Suites Resort just south of Playa del Carmen. HBR wasn’t the first nude resort my wife and I went to but it’s our favorite and one of the most wonderful experiences we have ever had together nude ever.
Before I get into what makes a vacation to HBR so special, let me first tell you why a nude vacation with your spouse is a great experience for the two of you. Recently we revealed to friends of ours that we enjoyed taking nude vacations. While they were surprised to hear how and where we like to vacation, their biggest question was what do you do at a nude resort other than lay out in the sun? We replied, the question is what don’t you do?
You do everything you would do normally at an all inclusive resort except you don’t wear any clothing. That’s it. Sounds too simple right? But here is why we believe time together at a nude resort is so valuable for a busy couple like us. Who doesn’t want to spend more time with their partner naked? Chances are you and your spouse aren’t spending as much time together nude as you would like and I’m not talking about sex or intimacy either. Think about it.
To me, my wife is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. We sleep together nude each night. I might see her getting into the shower in the morning or drying her hair before she puts on her clothes. Sometimes I get to sneak a peak at her when she is changing into her workout gear before going to the gym. When we are naked, usually the lights are off or we’re moving quickly to get dressed to take care of the kids or go to work. She is beautiful but I rarely see her naked and it’s almost never long enough to really enjoy. My guess is that I see my wife naked less than 15-20 minutes a day. For us, that’s not enough. Sound familiar to you?
This is why the atmosphere at a nude resort is perfect for a couple like us. It’s laid back, relaxed and you don’t have to worry about the kids walking in on you naked. Everyone you meet at a nude resort is nude just like you or they work for the resort. The staff is always professional and doesn’t seem to even notice or care if you’re walking around nude, topless, shorts, t-shirt, etc.
So why go to a nude resort? I’ll share more about HBR in a later post, but here is our average day at HBR or any other nude resort: We wake up (nude). We walk the beach before breakfast (nude). We go to breakfast (my wife wears a wrap and is usually topless while I’m nude). We grab towels and find the perfect chairs on the beach (nude). We sit, talk, read, sleep while enjoying the sun and the surf (nude). When it gets too warm we jump into the pool or wade in the ocean (nude). When the bar opens, we grab drinks and bring them back to our chairs (nude). We get lunch by the pool (nude). We lay in rafts in the pool (nude). We talk with other HBR guests about what we’re doing tonight (nude, us and them). In the afternoon sun, we fall asleep in palapas on the beach (nude). We jump into the hot tub in the late afternoon and talk with other couples about where they’re from and what they’re doing tonight (nude). Finally we go to our room and shower and put on casual clothes to go to dinner at one of five restaurants at the El Dorado. It’s usually around 7 and it’s the first time we’ve worn clothing all day. We enjoy a great dinner. Relax at one of the El Dorado’s bars and enjoy talking with other couples. And then around 11 or so we head back to HBR, go to our room and shed all of our clothing and walk to the hot tub and relax under the night sky (nude again). Next we either go to our room to enjoy some intimate moments or grab a bunch of towels and fall asleep in each other’s arms in a beach palapa listening to the waves and the wind (nude). Eventually we head to bed and then get up the next morning and do it all over again. Sometimes we stay at HBR for dinner (nude) and never go to the El Dorado. Last visit to HBR, my wife and I didn’t put on any clothing for two straight days. It was wonderful. Compare 48 hours naked together vs. 30 minutes in two days.
After sharing all of this, our friends asked us if we ever felt embarrassed walking around naked or if it was at all sexual. I can honestly say the only time I have ever felt uncomfortable at a nude resort is when I’m naked and the people around me aren’t. This really doesn’t happen and most people who are clothed are just arriving. You usually see them naked within 15 minutes of their arrival.
Regarding the atmosphere being sexually charged, I would say it is but it isn’t. At first you feel like you’re breaking a rule by walking around naked. If this is your first time, it feels right but so wrong at the same time. Sure there are attractive people around you but no one is gawking, staring or making comments. I’m sure some men could get physically excited when experiencing this but, put a towel in your lap or flip over until the feeling subsides. It has never happened to me but everyone is different. That said, when you spend so much time with your spouse naked and with others naked all around you, when you finally get alone time, it’s fantastic.
We always enjoy our time together at HBR. It often feels like you’re teasing each other all day and when you finally alone in your room, it’s wonderful. This is in the privacy of your room and not in the open, which is never permitted at HBR or most other nude resorts.
For me, a nude resort is for you and your spouse. You can be as private as you want to be or as social. We have met some great couples at HBR and other nude resorts. Several I have done business with later. We exchange holiday notes with other couples we’ve met. When you met another couple and they’re completely naked, there is very little to hide about yourself. That’s a good thing. During our stays at HBR we’ve met:
- A couple who saw me taking pictures of my wife during our morning walk on the beach. While taking pictures of us for our private album, they mentioned that their kids and grandchildren would never believe that they went to a nude resort twice a year. I should say that most people we have met are 40+ with many 55+. Where are the young people?
- Another couple who is probably one of the neatest people we’ve ever met. We’ve done business together several times since and continue to talk about other great places to go on nude vacations.
- A woman and her husband who had had a double mastectomy. To this day, I am impressed with her willingness not to let her surgery prevent her from enjoying herself and her time with her husband nude.
- A gay couple from Palm Springs who are two of the funniest guys we have ever met while traveling.
- A couple that we met at Haulover Beach years ago and ran into HBR on our last visit. They and we couldn’t believe we recognized each other years later. We had fun catching up with them.
- And finally, a 20-something honeymooning couple from Buffalo we saw each night at a bar at the El Dorado Resort who couldn’t figure out why they never saw us on the beach during the day. We finally told them we were staying next door at HBR. His response, “Do you mean you’re nudists? Do you sit around naked all day over there?” I told him we weren’t nudists but yes, we did sit around naked all day. I invited them to join us. I wasn’t surprised when they didn’t show the next day but I hope they try a nude resort or beach sometime soon in their relationship.
I should note that no one has ever hit on us and asked us to join them later. Again, that’s not what we’re into or looking for when we vacation. We’ll share more with you about HBR and some of the other nude resorts we’ve gone to in the past 15 years. Also we have never received any money from a nude resort such as HBR for this blog post.
Have questions? Let us know. We’re here to help you enjoy your trip. Your nude resort vacation will be the only trip you ever take with just carry on luggage.